Glencoe, CA cabinet refinishing can make your yellowed, outdated, wooden cabinets look brand new again.
Updating your kitchen can be a high priced and time consuming task. Thankfully, you don’t have to buy expensive new cabinets to transform your home. Glencoe cabinet refinishing is a wonderful alternative to a total remodel. And as an added bonus your older wood cabinets are probably better quality than the majority of the products on the market today. Plus painting or refinishing them will save you the mess and stress of a pricey cabinet replacement in Glencoe.
If you like the look of your existing cabinets and simply want them freshened up, we suggest a simple and transformational process that will restore their previous shine. We give the doors an in depth cleaning to eradicate all traces of dirt, grime and grease. Next we give them a light sanding to dull the existing finish and improve adhesion. After that we apply 2 fresh coats of paint or polyurethane, depending on what you have, to give them an exceptionally strong finish.
We use waterborne, environmentally friendly products as often as possible when completing our Glencoe cabinet refinishing projects. These products have less of an odor than conventional lacquer or oil based finishes while retaining durability.
Typically we recommend a sprayed finish on the doors and drawer fronts and a brushed finish on the rails – sometimes called the boxes or skeletons. The main advantage to this is that it keeps the airborne dust and paint odor within your house to a minimum. We realize how devastating paint dust can be to the furniture within your home. We prefer to do all of the finish work on-site. In order to do this we have to mask off your garage, kitchen or dining room to do spray the doors and drawers.
Ready To Get In Touch? Click Here To Go Straight To Our Contact Page!
The Best Cabinet Painters In Glencoe Prepare The Cabinets First!
Cabinet painting is one of the most time consuming parts of interior painting. When the correct process is used, every door and drawer is handled between 14 and 20 times!
We start by masking all of the surfaces in your home that we need to keep paint off of. This includes the floors and countertops at a minimum. And depending on how heavily we need to sand it may also include masking all of the walls.
We use a product called X-board to mask the floors and countertops. This is a high quality, thick paper that will protect your floors and countertops from any accidental tool drops better than normal masking paper, tarps or masking film can.
Set-Up For Successful Cabinet Painting In Glencoe!
At this point you might think it’s time to start slapping some paint on your cabinets, but there’s still quite a few things that have to be completed before we start your Glencoe cabinet painting project.
1. We number all of the doors and drawers. We work left to right and top to bottom so we can put everything back in the right place.
2. We remove the doors from the boxes.
3. We detach the drawer faces, if possible, or remove the entire drawer from the cabinets.
4. If we are doing inside of the cabinets we number all of the hinges. If we aren’t doing the inside of the cabinets we place the hinges onto the shelf that corresponds to their location.
Glencoe Cabinet Refinishing – Prep Time!
5. We clean both sides of the doors and drawer fronts and all of the cabinet rails. We start with denatured alcohol and move up to stronger cleaners as necessary.
6. We sand all of those same surfaces using our Festool Hepa Certified 99% dustless sanding system.
7. Then, guess what? We clean it all again!
8. After that we do an application of wood filler or putty on any dings we can find.
9. We give the putty a quick sand.
10. And would you believe it!? Clean those spots again. Are you noticing the trend yet?
Our Cabinet Painters In Glencoe Have You Covered
Once all of that prep is completed we have to do one more thing before we start your cabinet painting – We have to prime all of the surfaces with a high adhesion primer. Every good Glencoe cabinet painter should be applying a primer to your cabinets before they put any paint on.
On Site Glencoe Cabinet Painting
1. We spray the first coat of paint on the backs of the cabinet doors and drawers, then we move them onto our drying rack.
2. We apply the first coat of paint to the cabinet rails.
3. We check the backs of the cabinet doors for any more dings or blemishes that need filled.
4. We sand any spots that we had to fill or any heavy marks from the spray gun.
5. We spray the second coat on to the backs of the cabinet doors.
6. We check the cabinet boxes for any dings or blemishes that need filled and sand them smooth.
7. We spray the second coat of paint to the back of the cabinet doors and move them back onto the drying rack.
Depending on what time of year it is the cabinet doors need to set up for 12-48 hours before they we can flip the cabinet doors and paint the front side of them.
8. We spray the first coat of paint on the front of the cabinet doors and drawers and move them onto our drying rack.
9. We check the front of the cabinet doors for any more dings or blemishes.
10. We sand and clean those spots.
11. We spray the second coat on to the front of the cabinet doors and cabinet drawers.
For the average home, our Glencoe cabinet painters will be in your home for about 1 week. If that seems too long we can take the doors and drawers off site for finishing. For this method we are only in your home for about 2 days, but the length of time from start to finish is a little bit longer, and it costs a little bit more.
Are you ready to get your Glencoe cabinet painting started? If you have kitchen cabinets that are faded, dirty, or out of style, Michael Hines Painting can help.
Why Choose Michael Hines Painting For Your Glencoe Cabinet Painter?
At Michael Hines Painting, we believe in the value of lifetime relationships. We believe in taking the care and time to not only do the job well, but expertly. That is why we will never sacrifice the quality of our work or provide you with poor service.
Still not sure? We suggest you listen to what some of our clients have to say about us – Reviews, or to read a little bit more about what makes us passionate about protecting your home check out Our Story!
If you’re looking for a house painter or pressure washer that can expertly complete your home maintenance project, or there is anything we can do for you- Please just let us know.
Michael Hines Painting has the knowledge and training to identify the right product for your cabinet painting in Glencoe. We are eager to show you the quality, confidence and peace of mind our services will bring to your home. Please contact us using the form below or call us right now at 209.256.4587 to get started. We look forward to hearing from you.